Allowing users to fine-tune the performance and update the firmware of select Nikon F-mount Tamron lenses, the TAP-in Console is a simple attachment that gives more control over how SP-series lenses respond during operation. Used in conjunction with the TAP-in Utility software for Mac and Windows, this console connects to Nikon F lenses at the bayonet mount and permits customization over focus adjustment, focus distance limiter, VC adjustment, and full-time manual focus override settings. Additionally, lens firmware can also be updated by accessing a dedicated website while the lens is attached to the console. Offering enhanced and personalized control over a range of lens settings, the TAP-in Console ensures lens' firmware is kept up-to-date and permits configuring settings to suit specific shooting tasks.
Lens CompatibilityThis console is compatible with Nikon F-mount versions of the following lenses:
- 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD
- SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2
- 17-35mm f/2.8-4 Di OSD
- 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD
- SP 24-70mm f/2.89 Di VC USD G2
- SP 35mm f/1.8 Di VC USD*
- SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD*
- SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2
- 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD
- SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD
- SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 VC USD
- 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD
- SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
*An initial firmware update performed by a Tamron service facility on these lenses is required to enable compatibility with Tamron's TAP-in Console.Customization Options
- Focus Adjustment: Focus can be adjusted in three distance ranges-close, intermediate, and far-and for zoom lenses, an additional eight segments are available for a combined total of 24 adjustable regions. This lets you make micro adjustments to how a lens focuses, as well as compensate for any unwanted front- or back-focusing issues.
- Focus Distance Limiter Customization: For lenses featuring a Focus Limiter switch, this setting lets you configure the specific distance ranges, using near and far distances, the lens-based switch will constrain focus to.
- VC Adjustment: For lenses featuring Vibration Compensation, a choice of three different VC modes can be selected for use, including an option to prioritize the viewfinder image stabilization, an option to prioritize stabilization during shooting, and an option to balance stabilization between the viewfinder and captured images.
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override Customization: For lenses with full-time MF override, this setting lets you set the mode to ON or OFF as well as fine-tune the sensitivity of the focusing ring between High and Low ranges.
Firmware UpdatingIn addition to customizing lens attributes, the console can also be used for updating lens firmware, and the console's firmware can also be updated using an Internet connection and by accessing a dedicated website.TAP-in Utility SoftwareUsed to control the customization options, this free software is an intuitive means for adjusting the range of customizable options available for each lens. The software is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10-11 or Windows 10/8.1/8/7 operating systems with an Intel or Core2 Duo or faster processor, respectively. Additionally, 1GB of RAM and disk space is required for the free application, as well as a USB 2.0 port for connecting the console to the computer.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.