One of the most versatile lenses for M-mount rangefinders, the upgraded 2022 version of the Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH. is a general wide-angle lens characterized by its sophisticated optics and bright f/1.4 maximum aperture. Offered here in black, this lens is well-suited for available light photography and affords outstanding control over depth of field for selective focus shooting techniques.
The lens features a newly engineered double cam unit that decreases the minimum focusing distance to just 1.3', enabling dynamic close-up imagery. Additionally, the lens has been upgraded with eleven aperture blades from the original nine for visibly improved bokeh performance. The optical design incorporates one aspherical element to control spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and clarity, and a floating elements system is used to maintain performance throughout the focusing range. A newly designed pull-out lens hood has also been integrated into the front of the lens to minimize ghosting and flare by blocking out stray light.
- Versatile general wide-angle prime features a bright, fast f/1.4 maximum aperture to benefit working in low-light conditions and for greater control over depth of field.
- Improved minimum focusing distance of just 1.3' enables dynamic close-up imagery.
- One aspherical element controls spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness.
- Floating elements system achieves consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Upgraded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Newly designed with an integrated pull-out lens hood, the front of the lens also includes 46mm-diameter threads to accept optional filters.