The Lightweight Wide-Angle Storyteller
A portable ultra-wide-angle zoom perfect for creators, the Nikon NIKKOR Z 17-28mm f/2.8 manages to mix speed and compactness while presenting a broad field of view that's perfect for anything from landscapes to architecture subjects to handheld vlogging applications.
Lightweight and Compact Design
- Despite the bright f/2.8 design, this manages to remain sleek and lightweight, making it ideal for handheld use, all-day shoots, and a variety of vlogging needs.
- Compared to the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S, this lens has a smaller diameter, uses more widely available 67mm front filters, and is 30% lighter while retaining the same f/2.8 speed.
- Internal zooming design prevents the lens from extending during use, making it easier to balance while shooting, especially when used in conjunction with a gimbal.
- Perfect for FX-format Z-mount cameras, this smaller lens is also ideal for DX-format bodies and will provide a 25.5-42mm equivalent focal length range.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation. It has a click-less design, too, that's suitable for video needs.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions. There is also an antifouling coating on the front of the lens that resists smudging, fingerprints, and dirt and is easy to clean.
Smooth and Silent Autofocus
- Stepping motor maintains quick and quiet autofocus performance that's ideal for both photo and video needs.
- An internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Minimum focusing distance of 7.5" benefits working with close-up subjects.
- Focus breathing has been suppressed to benefit video use and maintain a consistent field of view when changing focus.
- Constant f/2.8 design maintains consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also benefits both low-light performance and depth of field control.
- The bright design and ultra-wide-angle focal length make this lens suitable for astrophotography needs.
- Broad zoom range suits travel and everyday shooting needs and is especially well-suited to cityscapes, landscapes, interiors, and architectural subjects.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality, benefitting the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements help correct chromatic aberrations and color fringing for clean, clear color rendering.
- One Super ED element is also used, which offers even lower dispersion properties and further reduces color fringing and various other chromatic aberrations.
- Three aspherical elements reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering. Additionally, these specialized elements also promote a more compact, lightweight lens design.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.