Featuring a stylish, vintage-inspired design, the Nikon NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 (SE) is a versatile, everyday prime straddling wide-angle and normal fields of view and featuring a bright f/2 maximum aperture. The distinct focal length is wide enough for spontaneous shooting but still tight enough for portraiture and selective focus shooting. Additionally, the lens's compact, portable form factor makes it perfect for walkaround shooting and equally well-suited to use on FX or DX-format camera bodies.
In terms of handling, a stepping motor AF system offers quiet and smooth focusing performance that benefits both stills and video capture and a programmable control ring can also be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
- This Special Edition version of the Z 40mm f/2 lens features a retro-inspired design with checked knurling on the lens body, a contrasting silver band, and a vintage NIKKOR logo and typeface that mimics the look of lenses used on classic Nikon FM film cameras.
- Wide-normal prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and can also be used with DX-format models, where it provides a 60mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects using depth of field.
- Two aspherical elements are featured in the optical design and help to limit spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.