Compact and capable, the Nikon Z 5 is an FX-format mirrorless camera with a well-rounded feature-set to suit both photo and video needs. Its 24.3MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 processor afford wide sensitivity to ISO 51200, quick shooting at 4.5 fps, and UHD 4K video at 30 fps.
The imaging capabilities further translate to a refined autofocus system with 273 selectable points, and is a hybrid focusing system that uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods for high-speed, accurate focusing with adept subject tracking. Face Detection can be used in both stills and video modes while the more precise Eye Detection benefits portrait photographers working with either human or animal subjects.
Complementing the sensor and processor is a sleek but versatile physical design that includes a magnesium alloy chassis with a weather-sealed construction to suit working in inclement weather. A high-resolution 3.6m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder allows for high-res eye-level viewing while a rear 3.2" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD accommodates working from high and low angles. Additionally, for easy sharing, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work in conjunction with the Nikon SnapBridge app for wirelessly transferring photos and videos and remotely controlling the camera from your mobile device.
24.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processor
The full-frame, FX-format 24.3MP CMOS sensor is paired with an EXPEED 6 image processor to provide a versatile mixture of high sensitivity, nuanced image quality, and fast overall performance. A native sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200 permits working in a broad array of lighting conditions and can be further expanded up to ISO 102400 for extreme low-light conditions. The mixture of resolution and sensor size also contributes to clean image quality and smooth color transitions with reduced noise throughout the sensitivity range. In addition to benefitting image quality, the EXPEED 6 processor also affords useful speed throughout the camera system, including a top full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 4.5 fps as well as the ability to take 8MP when recording video.
Besides imaging, the sensor's design also incorporates a 273-point hybrid autofocus system that uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods to quickly and accurately acquire focus for both stills and video applications. This focusing system supports Eye Detection AF, which uses facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects' eyes, along with Face Detection for both stills and video and for both humans and animals.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Capable of recording more than just stills, the Z 5 supports UHD 4K video recording at up to 30 fps and Full HD recording at up to 60 fps, with the ability to save movie files to the in-camera memory cards or to an optional external recorder via HDMI out. UHD 4K recording uses a 1.7x crop of the center portion of the frame while Full HD recording uses the entire full frame. Additionally, in-camera time-lapse shooting is also possible with the ability to produce a finished UHD 4K video file directly from the camera.
Sensor-Shift Vibration Reduction
Built-in to the body is a 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction (VR) mechanism that compensates for up to five stops of stabilization regardless of the lens in use. This system also works with adapted lenses, when using the optional FTZ Adapter, where 3-axis stabilization is used. Also, benefitting video recording, Electronic VR is available to help steady footage to suit handheld shooting.
Body Design and Connectivity
- A large 3.2" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to suit working from high and low angles and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.69m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing.
- Dual SD memory cards slots both support up to the UHS-II protocol for high-speed and efficient photo and video file saving.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL15c rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 470 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported via USB, even when the camera is in use. Additionally, it is also compatible with optional MB-N10 multi-battery power pack for extended shooting times.
Other Camera Features
- Creative Picture Controls: Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, and Carbon.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine several exposures into one frame for creative effects.
- Focus Shift mode automatically takes a series of up to 300 sequential images while advancing the focus position in each shot. These images can then be stacked into a single image with extended depth of field, making it ideal for close-up shooting of smaller objects as well as for landscapes and other still subjects.
- Language support: English, French, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.