Ideal for a wide range of photo and video applications including landscapes, portraits, street photography, architecture, and events, the 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens from Sigma is a small, light, and bright standard zoom for crop-sensor mirrorless cameras. Offered here with a Sony E-mount, this lens provides a versatile full-frame equivalent zoom range of 27-75mm and a wide constant aperture of f/2.8 throughout the entire zoom range. The lens design includes three high-precision glass-molded aspherical elements coupled with a special low dispersion element. Together they minimize the total number of elements for superb optical quality without excessive weight. Autofocus is exceptionally fast and quiet thanks to the lens's stepping motor, which can be particularly useful when shooting video or fast-moving subjects such as children and animals. An ultimate workhorse, the lens features a minimum focusing distance of just 4.8", enabling it to be used for macro-style close-up photography, and the lens is also outfitted with a rounded seven-blade diaphragm for a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Standard zoom lens is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount cameras and provides a 27-75mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three high-precision glass-molded aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- In-camera aberration correction further eliminates optical imperfections such as distortion and vignetting.
- Stepping motor with nearly silent autofocus that makes it perfectly suited to a range of photographic applications, including shooting in quiet environments, recording videos, and capturing fast-moving subjects.
- Minimum focusing distance of 4.8" and a 1:2.8 maximum magnification ratio benefits working with close-up subjects.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.