Sony's fastest APS-C lens, the E 15mm f/1.4 G is a bright, wide-angle 22.5mm-equivalent prime featuring advanced G Series optics and a sleek design that's ideal for travel, landscapes, and walkaround shooting. In addition to prioritizing image quality and speed, this lens also features an intuitive-to-handle design and smooth focusing performance that suits vlogging and video recording applications.
G Series Lens
- Wide-angle prime offers a 22.5mm equivalent focal length, making it a versatile option for anything from street to landscape to travel, as well as for selfie-style vlogging needs.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is ideal for shallow depth of field and selective focusing techniques, and also excels in low-light conditions.
- Three aspherical elements help achieve high sharpness and suppress distortion and spherical aberrations.
- One Super ED and two ED elements promote greater clarity and color accuracy by reducing chromatic aberrations.
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm contributes a smooth and natural bokeh quality.
Refined Focusing Performance
Linear Motor system uses two separate motors to provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus and tracking performance. This design also contributes to more natural, intuitive Linear Response manual focus control and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for quick focus mode switching.
- Internal focusing design offers more responsive focusing performance and maintains a consistent overall lens length during operation.
- Suitable for close-up shooting, the minimum focusing distance is 6.7" with a 0.15x maximum magnification when using manual focus, or 7.9" with a 0.12x magnification when using autofocus.
- Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) suppresses focus breathing to help maintain compositional accuracy when changing focus. This lens is also compatible with the Breathing Compensation function in select Alpha cameras.
Robust Design and Intuitive Handling
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design suits working in inclement conditions.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Customizable focus hold button on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Lens measures 2.7" long and weighs 7.7 oz, making it a great portable choice that's well-suited to the sleeker size of APS-C bodies.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.