Targeting sports, wildlife, and action shooters, this FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS Lens from Sony will satisfy many photographers and videographers who are looking for a bit of extra reach with their full-frame E-mount camera. As a member of the G Master line, it is designed for outstanding resolution and sharpness with minimal aberrations, something assisted by the implementation of one Super ED and two ED elements as well as a Nano AR coating. It also features a relatively compact size through the use of an f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture range, and it is equipped with both a Direct Drive SSM autofocus system as Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for outstanding performance at all focal lengths.
The lens features numerous other settings and controls for making operation smooth and intuitive for a variety of shooting styles. This includes a zoom torque adjustment ring that lets users dial in the stiffness of the zoom mechanism. It also has an internal focus system with a minimum focus distance of just 3.22' as well as focus range limiter switch for faster focusing. Other physical controls and options include multiple customizable focus hold buttons, an AF/MF switch, and a removable and rotatable tripod mount. Additionally, it has a dust- and weather-resistant construction and a nine-blade circular diaphragm.
- As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- A far-reaching telephoto zoom designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, this 100-400mm lens is also compatible with APS-C models where it provides a 150-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- A maximum aperture range of f/4.5-5.6 helps minimize size and weight while providing excellent performance in a variety of applications.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and one Super ED element are featured in the lens design and help to control chromatic aberrations and reduce color fringing for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor AF system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A zoom torque adjustment ring will help provide users with added control over the zoom function of the lens.
- A floating elements system benefits image quality when working at the 3.22' minimum focusing distance with 0.35x magnification.
- Focus range limiter and focus hold controls offer more intuitive handling and faster performance when photographing moving subjects.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.
- The front lens element features a fluorine coating to protect against smudges and dust from adhering to the glass surface.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Removable rotating tripod mount permits quick switching from horizontal to vertical shooting orientations.
- Compatible with Sony's 1.4x and 2x FE teleconverters for reaching distances of up to 800mm.
- The included lens hood features a filter access window and a lock switch.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.