A dynamic ultra wide-angle focal length with an especially bright design, the FE 14mm f/1.8 GM from Sony is a fast, versatile lens well-suited to landscape, nature, architectural, and street photography. Its extremely wide-but-usable perspective is complemented by the f/1.8 maximum aperture for excellent performance in low-light conditions and increased control over depth of field. The optical design incorporates two extra-low dispersion elements and one super ED element to reduce chromatic aberrations, plus two XA (extreme aspherical) elements that significantly control spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. Nano AR II coating has been applied to limit ghosting and lens flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
Two XD Linear Focus Actuators provide quick and quiet focus, and also lend more responsive control for manual focus operation. A minimum focus of just 9.8" and an ultra-wide field of view opens a new world of deep perspective close-up photography.
The lens has a dust- and moisture-sealed design and fluorine-coated front lens element to support shooting in inclement conditions and a dedicated focus hold button, AF/MF switch, and manual aperture ring lend further control while shooting.
- As part of Sony's premium G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Versatile ultra wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras; however, it can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 27mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field.
- One aspheric element and two XA elements are incorporated into the optical design, which feature superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- Two ED and one Super ED extra-low dispersion elements are incorporated in the lens design and help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- All optical surfaces feature Nano AR II Coating to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Dual XD linear Autofocus actuators and an internal focus mechanism provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A focus hold button is present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select programmable settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. The ring also incorporates a locking "A" position for use in automated exposure modes.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.