A versatile wide-angle to standard-length zoom, the Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens spans a useful range of focal lengths for everyday shooting. Offered here with a Sony E-mount, this compact and portable lens is well-suited for everything from landscapes and cityscapes to street scenes and portraits. An excellent travel companion, this full-frame lens delivers beautiful images across the entire zoom range and is a great choice for still photography, vlogs, and other video content.
The lens features a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enabling you to shoot in difficult lighting conditions, and with a minimum focusing distance of just 6.7", this optic delivers close-range functionality for dynamic wide-angle macro shots. A VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism provides fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance throughout the zoom range, and the lens also supports Sony's Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF features with select cameras. Additionally, the lens is compatible with Tamron Lens Utility software for customizing lens functions and updating firmware.
- Versatile wide-angle to standard-length zoom designed for full-frame Sony E-mount cameras that can also be used with APS-C models where it produces a 30-60mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture provides bright illumination throughout the zoom range and also enables precise control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism for fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance throughout the zoom range.
- Compatible with many camera-specific features and functions including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
- Minimum focusing distance of just 6.7" and a 1:3.8 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects.
- Rapid zoom ring arc of 65° enables swift adjustment to the desired focal length with minimal movement.
- Moisture-resistant construction for use in inclement conditions, plus a fluorine coating on the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Compatible with Tamron Lens Utility software for customizing lens functions and updating firmware.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.