A dynamic wide-angle zoom, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO from Olympus is an ultra-wide Micro Four Thirds zoom lens with the equivalent full-frame format zoom range of 16-50mm. Its sophisticated optical design, which includes a variety of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements, reduces both chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for notable clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A ZERO lens coating has also been applied to improve contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. Beyond the advanced lens design, this zoom is also characterized by its constant f/4 maximum aperture, as well as its durable weather-sealed construction for working in a variety of conditions. Additionally, a Movie & Still Compatible autofocus system achieves fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance, and a manual focus clutch affords instant switching between focusing methods. The VCM (Voice Coil Motor) optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake for steady handheld operation.
- Ultra wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras provides an 8-25mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and selective focus control throughout the zoom range.
- The lens construction integrates one DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, one ED (extra-low dispersion) element, two aspherical ED elements, one Super ED element, one HR (high-refractive index) element, one Super HR element, and one HD element elements into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- A ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Manual focus clutch allows the focusing ring to be quickly pulled into place for direct, intuitive focus control.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Dust-, freeze-, and drip-proof design ensure the lens' performance in inclement and harsh conditions.
- Front optic features protective fluorine coating.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth bokeh quality.
- VCM voice control motor image stabilization mechanism.