A Micro Four Thirds lens with a not-so-micro zoom range, the Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f/4-6.3 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens from Panasonic offers a truly expansive 200-800mm equivalent focal length range, yet retains a relatively compact stature to suit the Micro Four Thirds system. Characterized by its Leica branding, this sophisticated optic employs aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements to significantly reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for a high degree of image clarity and sharpness. Also benefitting image sharpness, a POWER O.I.S. system, which is compatible with Lumix G camera's Dual I.S. function, helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting at longer focal lengths.
Benefitting both stills shooting and video recording, a 240 fps high-speed AF motor is both quiet and precise, and a focus limiter function can be employed to constrain the focusing range for even quicker performance. Additionally, the physical design of the lens utilizes a gapless construction that renders it both dust- and moisture-resistant for use in inclement conditions. And while its lightweight, compact form factor is suitable for handheld shooting, the 100-400mm f/4-6.3 also features a removable rotating tripod collar for fast switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations when working atop a monopod or tripod.
- Telephoto zoom designed for Micro Four Thirds system cameras, this lens offers a 200-800mm equivalent focal length.
- Designed in collaboration with Leica, the 20 elements, 13 groups optical design incorporates one aspherical extra-low dispersion element, one Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion element, and two extra-low dispersion elements. The combination of aspherical and low dispersion elements helps to reduce spherical aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- POWER O.I.S. mechanism helps to control camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. This system is also compatible with the Dual I.S. function in select Lumix G cameras, which more effectively minimizes the appearance of camera shake by using both sensor-shift and lens-shift type stabilization methods.
- A 240 fps AF motor offers fast, precise, and near-silent focusing performance to benefit both stills shooting and video recording applications.
- Focus Limiter allows you to constrain the focusing range of the lens from its minimum focusing distance to infinity, or from 16.4' to infinity.
- The minimum focusing distance is 4.3', which pairs with an equivalent maximum magnification of 0.5x to support working with close-up subjects.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Gapless construction renders the lens both dust- and moisture-resistant to support photographing in outdoor and harsh environments.
- A quick-shift, two-part rotating tripod collar permits quick switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations, and keeps the lens controls in the same place once rotated for more intuitive handling.
- An integrated hide-away lens hood can retract around the lens when not in use, or be deployed to guard against stray light from causing unwanted lens flare and ghosting.
- A zoom ring lock prevents unwanted lens creep from occurring while carrying the lens.
- Dedicated levers are available to select the Focus Limiter position, AF or MF focusing methods, or to deactivate the lens-based POWER O.I.S.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.