Characterized by its slender profile, the black Lumix G 20mm f/1.7 II ASPH. from Panasonic is a compact, slightly wide 40mm equivalent prime for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Its bright f/1.7 maximum aperture offers notable control focus for working with shallow depth of field techniques and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions. The optical design incorporates a pair of aspherical elements to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and accurate rendering, and individual elements have also been multi-coated to control surface reflections and flare for improved contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- Slightly wider-than-normal prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and offers a 40mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.7 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Two aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize greater sharpness and resolution.
- Individual elements have been multi-coated to effectively reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus motor supports camera's contrast detection for precise focusing performance. AF can also be manually overridden for more fine-tuned control.
- Pancake form factor measures just 1"-thick, making it ideal for everyday and travel use.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.