A standard portrait-length prime, the Lumix G 42.5mm f/1.7 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. from Panasonic is an 85mm-equivalent lens designed for the Micro Four Thirds system of mirrorless cameras. One aspherical element is incorporated within the optical design, which helps to control spherical aberrations and distortions for enhanced sharpness and accurate rendering. The f/1.7 maximum aperture is particularly beneficial for selective focus imagery, and also aids shooting in low-light conditions. Further cementing its place as a versatile tool for portraiture, the rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when making shallow depth of field photos and movies.
Complementing the optical attributes is a fast stepping AF motor and internal focus design, which provides smooth, quiet, and responsive focusing performance for intuitive handling. The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) also benefits hand-held use by compensating for the effect of camera shake for sharper imagery.
- Prime 42.5mm portrait-length lens provides an 85mm equivalent focal length with Micro Four Thirds cameras.
- Fast f/1.7 maximum aperture enables extensive control over focus position and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- One aspherical element helps to reduce spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and clarity.
- Stepping AF motor and internal focus design provides smooth and quiet focusing performance and functions at a 240 fps signal transfer rate for fast, responsive use.
- POWER O.I.S. minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper hand-held shooting.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- All-metal lens barrel and bayonet mount offers durability and rigidity.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.