A classic wide angle lens updated for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless systems, the 35mm f/1.4 DG DN from Sigma is an Art-series prime characterized by its advanced and updated optical design, sleek profile, and bright design. The f/1.4 maximum aperture enables working in low-light conditions and also provides increased control over depth of field for achieving shallow depth of field effects. The optical layout incorporates a series of low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements and its large diameter design achieves a notable degree of clarity and sharpness with well-controlled distortion and aberrations. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions.
Balancing the optics is a refined exterior design, which features a physical aperture ring, which can be de-clicked or locked, along with a dedicated focus mode switch and AFL button for intuitive and tactile control. For autofocus, a stepping motor is used that maintains a lightweight and compact design while promoting fast and near silent focusing performance for both stills and video applications. Additionally, the lens features an 11-blade rounded diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is particularly well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides extensive control over depth of field for isolating subject matter with selective focus.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.