Optimized for notable image clarity at close working distances, the Sigma 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art Lens is a true 1:1, life-size macro lens well-suited for close-up and macro subjects. As a member of the esteemed Art series of lenses, this short-telephoto prime is also distinguished by its sophisticated optical design that makes use of two FLD elements, two SLD elements, one anomalous partial dispersion/high refractive index element, and two aspherical elements to limit both chromatic and spherical aberrations for high clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Benefitting the imaging assets is a coreless DC motor that offers quick and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. The physical design utilizes Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-telephoto prime, this lens is designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 105mm equivalent focal length.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements, two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements, and one anomalous partial dispersion/high refractive index element are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- True macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a 10.2" minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
Coreless DC motor is used for quick and accurate autofocus performance.
- Additionally, an updated focusing algorithm, full-time manual focus override, large angle of rotation, and focus-by-wire system enable increased and controllable focus adjustment.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Compatible with optional EM-140 DG Macro Ring Flash when used in conjunction with the separate 65mm Macro Flash Adapter for even lighting as close working distances.
- Compatible with optional TC-1401 and TC-2001 Teleconverters to extend the effective focal length of the lens while retaining autofocus functionality.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Attention to all California residents, Proposition 65 or officially known as, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more than 850 chemicals. August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, to go into effect on August 30, 2018, which changes the information that is required in or on Proposition 65 warnings.
We want you to know and be aware of our product safety and CameraMall is taking all of the necessary steps to comply with the applicable safety and health requirements made by this Proposition 65.
Additional Information about Proposition 65
For background on the new Proposition 65 warnings, see https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/new-proposition-65-warnings.
Proposition 65 and its regulations are posted at https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/law/proposition-65-law-and-regulations.
To give CameraMall any notices of an alleged violation of the California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.5 or 25249.6, you must send us a notice at email@example.com.